Available with a short form, the test is ideal for use with groups of students as part of school- or class-wide screenings. The Second Edition has a number of new features and benefits, such as an expanded age range and updated U.S. norms:
• Now appropriate for children ages 7-13 years.
• No scoring key is needed – the RCDS-2 form is presented in a convenient carbonless form. All scoring and administration information is presented in the brightly-coloured Test Booklet.
• Maps on to the symptoms of depressive disorders outlined in the DSM-IV™.
• Critical items are clearly marked on the scoring sheet, alerting you that your client may need immediate attention.
• All items are presented in a 4- or 5-point rating scale format, making them easy for children to answer.
• A clinical cutoff score helps you to determine whether a child should be referred for further assistance.